Before the advent of digital marketing, businesses all over the world made use of the conventional method of marketing which involved door-to-door marketing. This method was effective to a reasonable level as it encouraged a personal connection between the salesperson and his/her customer. However, the major pitfall with the door-to-door marketing was that it was really slow and time-consuming.
There are various digital marketing channels in use today, they include (but not limited to): Affiliate Marketing, Content Marketing, Display Advertising, Email Marketing, Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC), Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Marketing (SMM), Search Engine Optimization, Mobile Advertising, Online Public Relations and Video Advertising.
WHY YOU SHOULD LEARN DIGITAL MARKETING
Digital marketing done effectively has very strong effects on any business or company. The major one being that it can help improve company sales. Other benefits of using digital marketing include:
1. It helps improve the website traffic of any company.
2. Easier access to your customers.
3. Enables a business to have quick access to product reviews from their customers.
4. It gives customers easier access to information about your product or service.
5. Drives brand loyalty
6. Reduces the selling cycle
7. Reduces the cost of sales
8. Builds your brand
9. Provides targeted results