Land has an intrinsic ability to inspire us, gives us serenity and helps us to dream. Owning land can also be an excellent value. These tips reflect our wisdom gained from your years of developing land for community use, observing changing markets and real estate opportunities, and working with many different kinds of investors and stakeholders. We hope you find them helpful.
- Land is more fun to own than stocks. Theres a reason its called real estate. When you own the land, you have the foundation to dream, plan and build your new home when the time is right. Plus, buying acreage give s you space, much more then crowded city lots. You can fit five city houses on a one-acre home sites.
- Purchase land one to five years BEFORE you plan to build. Pre-buying the land allows you to benefit from value appreciation. Rather than paying that higher value later.
- Look for a development property with no time-frame to build. This is the best option if you want to pre-buy land with developer amenities and infrastructure.
- Buying land from a developer can save you money. Its important to anticipate all future development cost and eliminate surprises. Is water supplied by the city, private water company or your own well? Will electric power be available at your property boundary? What about gas lines, sewage disposal and road maintenance? Will you want cable TV and internet? When you buy from a land developer, the cost of infrastructure and modern amenities is part of the package up front – and because it is a shared community cost, it is less than developing the land yourself.
- Purchase land in the path of growth markets. Owning land near prime or up and coming growth areas means your property has a greater chance of increasing in value at a faster rate. Check the area for zoning, building codes, and other regulations to ensure the area will maintain its value for years to come.
- Purchase high quality land for the best value. Natural beauty is universally attractive; the presence of trees, hills, picturesque views, water access or water frontage, often yield higher value over time.
- Plan ahead to secure your 20% down payment. Planning is the most important secret to acquiring the property of your dreams. Having your down payment in hand allows you to make a decision the same day ahead of competitive buyers who may be considering the same property
- Be prepared to make a decision the day you view the property. Being a successful land buyer means being prepared to act. Do investigative homework prior to the visit and be prepared to use that knowledge to maximize your financial leverage. And if you find the perfect property for your needs on your first visit, dont wait. Dont let someone else beat you to the bargaining table.
- Take advantage of developer discounts to pay less than list price. Land sales can save you thousands of Nairas. The end of week, month or year are good times to check for discount offers when developers are motivated to close deals.
- Buy land with modern infrastructure. Modern conveniences add value to your property and increase your everyday enjoyment and comfort.
- Acquire land and build with resale in mind. Always picture the type of land (views, trees, infrastructure and amenities) that the majority of the buying public would want themselves. A smart land purchase is about not only yourself, but also the person you may try to sell to in the future.
- Always purchase from a known and respected developer. You should have complete confidence in the ability of the developer to complete all amenities and infrastructure in the promised time frame.
- When touring a development, check the quality of them homes under construction. Who are the builders? Are they using quality materials? These are important indicators of the future value of your property.
- Ask if the sales representative is a Licensed Real Estate Agent. This license is governed by a strict code of ethics, ensuring truthful dealings and protection buyers from fraudulent claims. You should be aware that Texas does not require sales representatives working for land developers to be licensed real estate agents.
- Ask the sales representatives what banking institutions they work with. When a land developer has established relationships with well-known banks and mortgage companies, its another indication they are a reputable company you can trust. It should raise a red flag if the developer just wants to sell you the property and then leave you to find your own financing. You want an experienced developer who can help with financing, work with you through closing, and make the process as seamless as possible.
The major fortunes in America have been made in land – John D. Rockefeller
Ninety percent of all millionaires become so through owning real estate – Andrew Carnegie
Small landholders are the most precious part of the state – Thomas Jefferson
Need to get a genuine land or interested in Real Estate Investment?
Partner with us at Gtext Homes, a subsidiary of Gtextgroup and Investment Limited
Gtext Homes is a real estate investment company. We specialize in Development, Consultancy and Marketing.
We are registered member of Real Estate Developers Association of Nigeria (REDAN)
We develop sites and serviced plots of land in affordable areas with future prospects, and have two estates running and selling fast:
We are currently running a promo which ends by September, our land is affordable and payment plan is extremely flexible
- Jasper Estate – Ibeju-Lekki — 3000,000M, 3.500,000M Installmental payment
- 600sqm plot of land
- 20% down payment for installments
- Payable over 12 months
- 10% discount on outright payment
LANDMARK IN IBEJU-LEKKI
- Lekki free trade zone
- Lekki international airport
- Dangote refinery and fertilizer company
- Fourth mainland bridge and train station
- Sapphire Estate – Owutu- Isawo, Ikorodu — 850,000 thousand
- Initial payment of 750,000, spread balance for 5-10 years
- Minimum monthly payment of 50,000
- Take possession under 24 months
- Mortgage interest rate at 5% per annum
- Nearness to road
- No omo onile wahala
- A stone throw from mile 12 market
- You have full freedom to build or resell
- You can start work on the site after 50% payment
- New fourth mainland bridge is located along Isawo
NOTE: (Documentation inclusive)
You wouldn’t want to miss this rare opportunity!!!
Contact us Today:
Head office 51/52 Ijaiye road, Beside UBA Bank, Ogba, Lagos, Nigeria.
Tel: +2348149832065 | E-mail: email@example.com | Website: www.gtexthomes.com