It is no news that traditional marketing methods have been shoved to the back seat, and digital marketing has taken over. Even local, small businesses are now focuses on online strategies, because their target audience can be found there.
In order to get the best results, it is important to keep up with the latest digital marketing trends. Here are 5 things you should know:
1) Mobile is The IN Thing: over 50% of internet users are now operating exclusively on mobile devices. Every site must be mobile responsive and geared towards small screens. If you do not do this, you might not meet new customers and your existing ones will become increasingly frustrated.
2) Email marketing is still king:Email is still the most effective digital marketing toolfor small businesses. Mobile friendly emails are essential. Keep your emails concise and include a call to action; you will be highly rewarded.
3) Local search is Important for success for local businesses: Googles search results now favor websites that are optimized forlocal search. Ensure that you use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques in for your site to get better favored by search engines. Also ensure that your business is listed.
4) Branding and BrandManagement:Branding is more than just printing a business card and stamping a logo on it. Your brand extends to everything, now, especially how you are going to communicate with customers. A successful brand must be prepared for every eventuality. Brand management must therefore be seen from a holistic point of view: every little detail matters, and can affect the overall brand.
5) Online video is blowing up: Online videois one of the hottest growth areas for digital marketing. Put your videos on YouTube as well as your websitecreating a YouTube channel is free and exposes your videos to a wider audience.
I hope you are using one, if not all of these digital marketing methods. Try them and see.
Originally posted 2016-08-11 14:25:58.